International Surgical Sleep Society
ISSS 2023 Educational Update
September 29, 2023
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and International Surgical Sleep Society (ISSS). Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Amedco Joint Accreditation #4008163.
Physicians (ACCME) Credit Designation
Amedco LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
September 29, 2023
Embassy Suites Nashville
ISSS Abstract Submission Guidelines
- All abstracts must be submitted through the online abstract submission process.
- Your abstract may have been presented at another national meeting prior to the ISSS Meeting but should not be published prior to the abstract submission deadline.
- ISSS membership is not required for abstract submission.
- You must register for the ISSS meeting in order for your accepted presentation or poster to be included on the program.
- Word Count limit is 250 words or less excluding title and authors.
- Abstracts must be submitted with 4 components: (a) Introduction and Objectives, (b) Methods, (c) Results, and (d) Conclusions.
- Selection of either Oral Presentations or Electronic Poster is offered. All oral submissions not accepted will be reviewed for electronic poster consideration.
- Financial funding from commercial entities that have an interest in the research must be listed in the disclosure portion of the submission.
- Disclosures for presenting author is required for submission. Upon acceptance disclosures from ALL authors/co-authors will be required for CME accreditation.
- Announcements of accepted and rejected submissions is planned for mid June.
- Your presentation will be given every consideration; however, the final determination will be made by the Program Committee.
ISSS Submission Types
The meeting curriculum will include oral and poster presentations of sleep-related research. We encourage participants to submit their research abstracts via the meeting website.
Abstracts should be structured with an Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusion section and limited to 250 words.
Tough Videos: The Complex DISE Exam
The meeting curriculum will include a panel discussing complex cases, including a review of drug-induced sleep endoscopy videos. We encourage case and video submissions from meeting participants and look forward to an interesting discussion.
To submit a case, please include a video along with a case summary. The case summary should be limited to 250 words and include information about the patient’s prior sleep testing, physical exam findings, prior treatments, comorbidities, and other relevant information. Allowed video types: .mov, .mp4
The meeting curriculum will include a panel reviewing scary cases. Cases can be submitted by meeting participants and consist of intraoperative difficulties or complications, postoperative complications, unintended side effects of therapy, or other challenging clinical scenarios.
To submit a case, please submit a case summary and any supplemental photos or videos. The case summary should be limited to 250 words and include information about the patient’s history, intervention performed, complication, management, and outcome.
Mohammed Abdelwahab, MD, PhD
Cristina Baldassari, MD
Maurits S. Boon, MD
An Boudewyns, PhD
Pierre Bouletrea, MD, PhD
Clemens Heiser, MD
Martin Hopp, MD, PhD
Phillip Huyett, MD
David Kent, MD
Alan Kominsky, MD
Graeme Mulholland, MD, FRCSC
Samuel Mickelson, MD
Ryan Nord, MD
Noah Parker, MD
David Smith, MD, PhD
Ryan Soose, MD
Cecille Sulman, MD, BPhil
Martin Trott, MD, MMM
Audrey Yoon, DDS
Olivier Vanderveken, MD, PhD
This event would not be possible without the generous support of the following organizations.